Working in theatre will give you skills and experiences in areas that you’ll benefit from your whole life including:
- Working under pressure with a deadline you can’t move
- Taking and assimilating direction quickly and gracefully
- Improvising when the unexpected (inevitably) happens
- Poise speaking in front of others
- Time management and self-discipline
- Valuing your contributions as an individual and to a team
Not to mention:
- Possibly making the best friends of your life
- Surrounding yourself with a supportive community that will celebrate you being you!
If you go on to pursue theatre, you’ll have training in acting, singing, dancing, plus an understanding of best-practices for the industry; if you are doing it just to have a lot of fun, you’ll get that, too!